Autotrader Overview of Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned
Search Certified Pre-Owned Inventory
INFINITI Pre-Owned Overview
INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicles combine true peace of mind with the exceptional experience of owning an INFINITI at a pre-owned value. Confidence is enhanced through our certified process, which begins with a vehicle that was crafted to INFINITI’s exacting standards, passed a rigorous 167 point inspection and includes a factory-backed, up to 6 years unlimited mileage warranty [*].
INFINITI Pre-Owned | Exclusive Membership
INFINITI maintains exclusive requirements for certified pre-owned vehicles and we encourage the smart consumer to compare our criteria to other luxury manufacturers. In order to be eligible for certification, pre-owned INFINITI vehicles must meet the following criteria:
- Less than six years from the original in-service date and under 70,000 miles
- Clean title history and CARFAX Vehicle History Report
INFINITI Total Ownership Experience
Service and warranty repairs are available through over 200 INFINITI retailers nationwide. Each retailer is dedicated to delivering the INFINITI Total Ownership Experience, which is our philosophy and commitment to your satisfaction.
These benefits include:
- Up to 6 years unlimited mileage warranty [*]
- Complimentary First Year Basic Maintenance [*]
- Comprehensive, 167-point Inspection
- CARFAX® Vehicle History ReportTM
- CARFAX® 3-year Buy Back Guarantee
- Free 3-month Trial Subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio [*]
- Emergency Roadside Assistance [*]
- Complimentary Service Courtesy Vehicle [*]
- Available INFINITI EliteTM Extended Protection Program [*]
CertificationView Inspection Checklist
This limited warranty, which is backed by INFINITI, covers all major components and is inclusive of powertrain coverage.
All authorized INFINITI Retailers can service your vehicle using genuine INFINITI original replacement parts or INFINITI approved parts by trained INFINITI technicians. We offer an unlimited number of claims on covered parts.
Click here to view the INFINITI Certified Warranty Booklet that describes the warranty coverage and all the benefits of owning a Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI.View Warranty Booklet
What exactly does it mean to achieve INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned status? It means that a specially trained, INFINITI technician, has put this vehicle through our rigorous inspection process covering 167 features both inside and out. It must meet or exceed INFINITI ’s requirements or be excluded from the Certified Pre-Owned program. An INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is a luxury vehicle you can depend on for years to come.
Click here to view the INFINITI certified pre-owned inspection checklistInspection Checklist
Buy With Confidence: Every INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle comes with a complimentary CARFAX ® Vehicle History Report ™ and a 3 Year CARFAX ® Buy Back Guarantee. You can view the CARFAX ® Vehicle History Report ™ of every INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle in inventory at no charge to you.
Based on information from more than 86,000 data sources, CARFAX® instantly generates a Vehicle History Report™ that may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Title information, including salvaged or junked titles
- Flood damage history
- Total loss accident history
- Odometer readings
- Lemon history
- Number of owners
- Accident indicators, such as airbag deployments
- State emissions inspection results
- Service records
- Vehicle use (taxi, rental, lease, etc.)
CARFAX® also provides the 3 Year CARFAX® Buyback Guarantee that reduces the risk involved in buying a Pre-Owned Vehicle. For more information about the coverage, please visit www.carfax.com.
INFINITI provides you with an emergency road side assistance package for the duration of your CPO Limited warranty. [*]
Call (800) 225-2476 for 24-hour emergency roadside assistance
For the duration of your Limited Warranty, a qualified representative will assess your needs and dispatch assistance, with no out-of-pocket expense up to $100 for:
- Battery boost (jump-start)
- Flat tire change (using your good spare)
- Out-of-gas delivery ($5 maximum fuel)
- Lock-out assistance
If your vehicle is disabled due to a MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, the Roadside Assistance Representative will arrange for your vehicle to be towed to the nearest INFINITI dealership whenever possible, or to the nearest authorized repair facility. This coverage provides for towing cost not to exceed $100 per claim.
Car Rental Assistance – Receive reimbursement for car rental expenses up to $35/day, to a $175/5 day maximum, when you need to rent a car while your INFINITI is being repaired due to a failed covered component.
Trip Interruption – Reimburses you for meals, lodging and alternative transportation up to $500 if your vehicle is disabled due to a mechanical breakdown caused by a covered component and you are more than 100 miles from home.
Beyond the coverage of our Certified Pre-Owned program, we offer the Elite™ INFINITI Extended Protection Plan. It provides the added security of:
- Optional coverage of up to 8 years / unlimited miles [*]
- $0 deductible for parts and labor for any covered repair
- Transfer of benefits to new owner should you decide to part with your INFINITI
- Expanded component coverage, including audio, navigation and mobile entertainment
- Expanded Roadside Assistance and Reunite service, which covers cost of reuniting you with your vehicle
Q: What are INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles?
A: INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicles combine true peace of mind with the exceptional experience of owning an INFINITI at a Pre-Owned value. Confidence is enhanced through our certified process, which begins with a vehicle that was crafted to INFINITI ’s exacting standards, passed a rigorous 167 point inspection and includes a factory-backed, up to 6 years unlimited mileage warranty [*].
Q: Can all INFINITI vehicles be Certified?
A: No. Only INFINITI vehicles that meet our high standards for quality qualify for INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned status. They must be less than six years old from the new car in-service date, with less than 70,000 miles on the odometer. Plus they must have a clean, non-branded title and, most important, pass a comprehensive 167 point INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned inspection.
Q: Where can I purchase an INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?
A: INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are only sold through participating INFINITI retailers. INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicles have a Factory Backed Limited Warranty that can only be offered by an INFINITI retailer.
Q: How do I know which vehicles in an INFINITI retailers inventory are INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned?
A: Look for the INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned label in the window of the vehicle. Once you’ve seen the window label you can be assured you’re going to receive the exclusive benefits of the INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned program.
Q: What exactly happens when an INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is inspected?
A: All INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicles must pass a 167 point comprehensive inspection. This inspection must be completed by an INFINITI -trained technician. A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is provided along with a complete INFINITI service history review. All reconditioning must be done with INFINITI approved parts. Only upon completion of this rigorous inspection process can it be labeled as an INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
Q: What is a CARFAX Vehicle History Report?
A: The CARFAX Vehicle History Report is used by Pre-Owned car buyers, sellers and the automotive industry. CARFAX created the Vehicle History Report in 1986 and maintains a large vehicle title history database comprised of over 10 billion vehicle records from over 34,000 sources.
Q: What is the INFINITI CARFAX Three-year Buyback Guarantee?
A: Every Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI vehicle comes with a three-year CARFAX Buyback Guarantee. If the report does not include an existing DMV issued branded title (such as salvaged, fire or flood damage, or odometer problems), CARFAX may buy it back for full purchase price. Proof that CARFAX stands behind the information they provide to INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned purchasers.
Q: What is covered by the INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty?
A: This limited warranty lasts up to 6 years unlimited mileage warranty [*], whichever comes first, and covers over 600 components including engine, transmission and drive train.
- Engine: Cylinder heads and block and all internal parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valve train and front cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds and turbocharger, flywheel, seals and gaskets.
- Transmission and Transfer Case: Case and all internal parts, torque converter and converter housing, automatic transmission control module, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, and electronic transmission controls.
- Drivetrain: Drive shafts, final drive housing and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, bearings, seals and gaskets.
- Replacement Parts: Replacement of any part will be made with a new or remanufactured replacement part manufactured by or for INFINITI for use on INFINITI vehicles. If a part is not available from INFINITI, INFINITI may authorize an outside sourced part of like and kind and quality to be used in the repair.
Q: What additional benefits are included with an INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicle?
A: The INFINITI Total Ownership Experience is an unprecedented commitment to deliver the most personalized service from the moment you purchase your INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Its all part of our philosophy that quality service is an indispensable feature of a Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI. Benefits include:
- Towing Assistance: Up to $100 towing assistance. If necessary, we’ll even tow your car to the nearest INFINITI retailer within 250 miles.
- Car Rental Reimbursement: Up to 5 days car rental reimbursement at a maximum of $35 per day for the mechanical breakdown of covered components.
- Trip Interruption Coverage: If a mechanical breakdown of a covered part takes place when you are more than 100 miles from home, you’ll be covered for up to $500 for meals, lodging and alternative transportation.
- Ownership Online – offers INFINITI content, vehicle information, online bill payment, account information and more.
Q: Are there options for additional extended warranty protection?
A: Yes. INFINITI offers the Elite INFINITI Extended Protection Plan.
- Expanded component coverage: Elite INFINITI Extended Protection Plan offers additional coverage for electrical, audio/video/navigation, suspension, steering, climate control system and brakes.
- Optional coverage of up to 8 years unlimited miles.
- Deductible: $0 deductible for any covered repair.
- Transferability: enables benefits to be transferred to a new owner should you decide to part with your Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI.
Q: Does INFINITI provide any special financing or offers for Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI vehicles?
A: Yes! INFINITI retailers have access to INFINITI Financial Services (IFS) which offers great financing rates and offers for INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned purchasers.
Q: What can I expect upon delivery of my INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned vehicle?
A: Your INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned retailer will present you with the following documents upon delivery of your purchase:
- Warranty Registration Form.
- Signed 167 – point inspection checklist.
- Copy of your CARFAX Vehicle History Report and Three Year Buy Back Guarantee.
- INFINITI Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Booklet outlining all of your benefits.
Q: What is the difference between a Certified INFINITI and a CPO Preferred INFINITI?
A: In order for an INFINITI CPO vehicle to be considered CPO Preferred, the vehicle must have less than 15,000 miles on the odometer at time of delivery.